Swan Creek Veterinary Clinic located in Havre de Grace, Maryland is seeking an Associate DVM to join their team
Swan Creek Veterinary Clinic opened in 2007 as a satellite office to our main location in Churchville, Churchville Veterinary Clinic. Our group of practices throughout Harford County have been providing high-quality veterinary care to local pets since 1971!
Located in Historic Havre de Grace, Swan Creek Veterinary Clinic seeks to continue a tradition of comprehensive and affordable medical and surgical care for our four-footed friends. We also provide veterinary-supervised boarding and grooming services through Churchville Pet Resort, located at our Churchville location. We are very proud to have watched our practice grow throughout the years by building long-term relationships with our clients and focusing on the individual needs of our patients. We accomplish this by:
- Preventative health care & wellness examinations
- Vaccinations & Parasite Prevention
- Thorough diagnostic testing for all medical issues
- High-quality surgical & dental care with anesthetic monitoring
- Training & Behavior Counseling
- Pain Management
- Superior, friendly customer service
- Convenient scheduling options including drop-off appointments
- Thorough & timely communication with our clients
· A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university.
· Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
· Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
· Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
· Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
· Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
· Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
· Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
· Other duties as assigned.
If you are looking for a career adventure and an opportunity for unmatched personal growth, we want to hear from you.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.