United States Department of Agriculture/Food Safety and Inspection Service
April 17, 2018
$60,210 to $93,821 per year
Type & Experience Level:
Full Time - Less than one year
DVM or equivalent
Are you a veterinarian looking for new opportunities? Use your skills to protect public health! The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) is the largest employer of veterinarians in the United States. Come explore job openings at a recruitment event in St. Paul, MN on April 24-26. Expedited hiring for veterinarians is available with the possibility of same-week job offers. Vacancies are available across the country.
To qualify for the position, applicants are required to have completed a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine professional degree prior to beginning working for FSIS (please click here for further requirements: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/382487500)
To be considered for the accelerated hiring process, please bring a resume, a photo ID, and employment and residence histories to the event to complete all of the required documents. The event will be open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. CDT on Tues., April 24 - Thur., April 26 at the Warren E. Burger Federal Building and U.S. Courthouse located at 316 Robert Street, N. St. Paul, MN, 55101. The room for the event is GSA Conference Room 246.
Our Public Health Veterinarians are valued members of a dynamic team. Most importantly, you are in a pivotal role from day one and your work has visible impact.
- Plan, organize, coordinate and adapt the full range of meat and poultry inspection operations in slaughter and/or processing establishments;
- Ensure establishments meet requirements of the Pathogen Reduction and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) regulations;
- Oversee consumer protection, non-food safety concerns such as proper labeling and packaging;
- Work with and may supervise other public health professionals to ensure establishments under our jurisdiction comply with sanitation standards and properly implement systems that control hazards from entering the food supply;
- Enforce the Federal meat and poultry inspection procedures prior to slaughter and throughout the entire establishment, including humane handling, ante-mortem inspection, post-mortem inspection, processing operations, veterinary dispositions, and transportation and distribution of meat, poultry, and egg products to markets and retail stores.
About United States Department of Agriculture/Food Safety and Inspection Service
The USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) is the public health regulatory agency responsible for ensuring the safety of meat, poultry and processed eggs.
USDA is a great place to start or continue your career. USDA is ranked as one of the top 10 "Best Places to Work in the Federal Government" by the Partnership for Public Service. Rankings are based on employee feedback regarding satisfaction with their work experience. For more information on USDA and the Food Safety and Inspection Service, visit FSIS.