Block House Creek Animal Hospital is a fast paced mixed animal (80% dog, 20% large and exotics) practice that has served northwest Austin, and the surrounding areas for over twenty-five years. We pride ourselves on quality medicine, and outstanding customer service. We are equipped with digital x-ray, ultrasound, in house CBC/Chem, e-cautery, med-rx and a diode laser, endoscopy, and rhinoscopy. We are currently looking for a motivated and passionate veterinarian with a desire to learn, a strong work ethic, and flexible schedule to help us continue to provide exceptional care. Job responsibilities mainly include small animal medicine, surgery, emergency, canine reproduction, and dentistry along with some large animal, and exotics.
Additional Responsibilities include:
• Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
• Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
• Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
• Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
• Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
• Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
• Treat every client like family and each patient like your own pet.
• Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
• Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of Texas
• Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude
• The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members
• Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets
• Compassionate team player who can uphold great reputation with clients
• A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics
• Proficiency in surgery a plus
About Block House Creek Animal Hospital
Visit our website for more information!
BACK TO TOP
College of Veterinary Medicine 1365 Gortner Avenue St. Paul, MN 55108 Academic & Student Affairs: 612-624-4747 Public Relations: 612-624-6228 Dean’s Office: 612-624-6244