Looking for a career with a dynamic and fun team that values your skills and encourages your continual growth? Plus pays a competitive wage with a $1,000 signing bonus!
If expecting the unexpected is your strength, this is the service for you! This highly dynamic team works with our internship-trained emergency veterinarians to provide critical care when our patients need us most. You will fully utilize and grow your skills by learning RECOVER CPR and advanced procedures in this service while being supported by a team of veterinary assistants and kennel assistants. This service has 24 hour staffing 7 days a week so several shifts are available including day, swing and overnight. Overnight shifts qualify for differential pay.
The Certified Veterinary Technician provides caring, compassionate and detail-oriented nursing care for hospitalized patients and outpatients. They are responsible for correctly and efficiently executing treatments, diagnostics, and medication administration under the direction of our Veterinarians. They will maintain detailed and correct electronic medical records utilizing ImproMed software, while ensuring all charges are correctly invoiced, along with updating and communicating with clients in a timely and respective manner.
To be successful within this role, candidates should possess the following skills:
· Ability to work in a collaborative team setting
· Good communication skills and enjoy working with people
· Enjoy learning new skills and exploring new technologies
· Willingness to participate in additional training programs
· Provide input and assist with all aspects of patient care
· Excel in technical nursing skills including but not limited to: Venipuncture, Catheter placement
· Ability to obtain accurate radiology views
· Effective anesthesia monitoring
· Calculate drug dosages (Including CRIs)
· Process prescriptions
· Prepare treatment estimates and invoices
· Physical examinations and patient assessment
· Good Laboratory skill set including but not limited to: Manual differentials, UA
· Possess or demonstrate desire to obtain a solid understanding of the common medications used within an emergency & specialty practice
· Provide compassionate and timely care for our hospitalized patients
· Current State licensure as a Certified/Registered/Licensed Veterinary Technician
· Prior experience in an emergency and/or specialists’ practice is a plus
· Prefer 1+ years’ experience as a Certified Veterinary Technician
Four 10 hour shifts per week, working every other weekend to promote a great work/life balance!
Madison Veterinary Specialists & Emergency provides a fast-paced and collaborative environment. We are dedicated to providing the highest standard of medical care along with excellent customer service. We offer internal training for each position with competitive wages and benefits packages including medical insurance, flexible scheduling, 401K plan with matching, uniforms, and continuing education allowance, as well as discounted pricing for your pet's care. Wage commensurate with skill and experience. Overnight shifts include a differential pay premium.
If you are an experienced veterinary technician looking for the perfect opportunity to hone and expand your skills with a growing practice, apply today!
To learn more about our hospital visit mvsvets.com or like us on Facebook
About Madison Veterinary Specialists
Madison Veterinary Specialists is an AAHA Accredited Specialty Referral and Emergency hospital partnering with family veterinarians to provide compassionate care when they need us most. They trust MVS.