Salmon Brook Veterinary Hospital is looking for an experienced Certified Veterinary Practice Manager to replace our retiring manager. Retirement will take place in February of 2021. Strong HR and accounting skills are required for this position.
Areas of management:
Staff development - Hiring, training, evaluation, incentives, moderate meetings.
Employee Administration - HR duties. Must have a thorough understanding of Connecticut labor laws.
Client Development - Create policies that will help attract and retain clients.
Financial Management - Help create fee schedule to ensure continuing success of the practice. Control expenses. Need to be able to interpret financial reports. Establish a budget.
· Adhere to all hospital directives and protocols and maintain the highest ethical, moral, and professional standards.
· Act responsibly to build your reputation in the community and enhance the reputation of the hospital and your colleagues.
· Maintain a professional appearance.
· Maintain a professional, courteous attitude.
· Ensure a pleasant, respectful, and productive doctor-staff and staff- staff relationship.
· Keep the spirit of co-working alive.
· Support the value of all hospital services.
· Attend and participate in all required management and staff meetings.
· Contribute to development of the practice’s Strategic Business Plan.
· Attend 20 to 25 hours of external continuing education each year.
· Become involved in the community through membership in professional associations, civic organizations, volunteer work, and public speaking.
· Perform other related duties as directed by the Owner(s) or Hospital Director.
Additional Salary Information: Annual bonus based off Net Profit
About Salmon Brook Veterinary Hospital
Salmon Brook Veterinary Hospital has been committed to providing excellent veterinary care for our community. We are a full-service mixed animal practice located in the beautiful Farmington Valley area of Connecticut. For our companion animals, such as dogs, cats and exotics, we specialize in progressive veterinary medicine and surgery. We also offer boarding and grooming with our caring staff. There is also a full-service ambulatory practice for large animals, which gives us the ability to treat horses, cattle, and small ruminants at your farm. Our nine doctor practice and highly-trained compassionate support staff bring a depth of knowledge that gives us the ability to provide a complete range of medical and surgical services for all animals.