St. Francis Animal Hospital is an AAHA accredited, multi-doctor, well-established small animal practice in Fredericksburg, VA – halfway between Washington DC & Richmond. We are fortunate to have experienced staff and a dedicated client base that allows for advanced case work-ups. As we continue to grow, we are looking to add a full-time Associate Veterinarian who is looking to join an amazing work family!
- We are a great place to work! Our hospital management team believes in leading by example and we have an “all-hands-on-deck” philosophy. We always have each other’s backs!
- Our clinic staff has a strong culture of teamwork. We welcome those who want to engage in both learning and teaching to strengthen themselves and their colleagues.
- Our connection with patients and the community is unparalleled. We deliver top-notch medicine in accordance with AAHA standards. This includes 20-minute wellness exams and extended appointments for sick patients/new clients. We also support several local rescues and participate in our local minor league baseball team’s Bark in the Park event twice yearly.
- At your disposal, our tools include a brand-new ultrasound and digital radiograph unit, digital dental radiographs, surgical laser, two therapeutic lasers (one being the most current model), in house lab machines and endoscope. We practice with a fear-free approach and have a feline-friendly facility with separate waiting area and exam room.
WHAT CAN YOU OFFER?
- A diagnostic-driven approach to fully work up cases, as well as general soft tissue and dentistry experience. The freedom to pursue your own niche is also welcomed and supported.
- A passion for learning and sharing skills. Excellent communication and openness to collaborative case discussion (with a positive attitude) would make you a great fit!
- The availability to work a flexible schedule with rotating Saturdays.
WHAT CAN WE OFFER?
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience, including the potential to make 25%+ over base in monthly commissions
- Signing bonus and/or relocation assistance, up to $10,000
- Ample time off for personal vacation and paid CE time
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Practice-paid short-term disability and life insurance
- 401(k) with match
- Annual CE stipend
- Paid dues and licensing fees
- Substantial pet care & food discounts
- Scheduled one-hour breaks to enjoy lunch!