Emergency Veterinarians: Seeking day time and overnight candidates
Ann Arbor Animal Hospital
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Type: Part Time or Full Time
Preferred Education: DVM or equivalent
Salary: 28% or 30% (Production)
As already mentioned, our day ER shifts are compensated at the higher of 28% production or $100/hr. Our overnight, weekend, and holiday ER shifts are compensated at the higher of 30% production or $120/hr.
DVM or equivalent
2 openings available.
The Ann Arbor Animal Hospital is seeking experienced full-time or part-time Emergency Veterinarians to work either a daytime schedule or overnight/weekend schedule. We are looking for DVMs who'd like to grow with us! Compensation is based on 28%, or $100.00 per hour (which ever is greater) for day ER shifts and 30%, or $120.00 per hour (which ever is greater) for overnight shifts. Ann Arbor is a fantastic place to live. In fact, the attached link highlights the numerous national, Top Ten lists where Ann Arbor was ranked: Ann Arbor Rankings We are a 24-hour, AAHA accredited hospital that has been serving Ann Arbor and the surrounding area for over 90 years. This position offers the opportunity to see established general practice clients, emergency outpatients, practice soft-tissue surgery, and managing inpatients hospitalized in our updated ICU. We offer Primary Care and emergency services during the day, Monday thru Sunday, and run our overnight ER opposite of the PC/day ER services. Our facility is state of the art with all the tools needed to practice excellent medicine including highly skilled Licensed Veterinary Technicians and Veterinary Assistants, a state-of-the-art ICU, a whole hospital generator, advanced anesthetic monitoring, anesthetic ventilator, ultrasound, Ligasure, and visiting cardiologists. Our ideal candidate has completed a rotating internship or has two year’s of emergency medicine experience managing emergency or critical cases. Our compensation package includes CE, health insurance (includes dental and vision) with up to $345/month towards the employee's monthly insurance premium, SIMPLE IRA, license fees, national/local association dues, etc. Our unique standing in the metro Ann Arbor area makes our hospital a personally and professionally rewarding opportunity. For more information, please visit our website at: www.AnnArborAnimalHospital.com.
1. Medical & Surgical: (A) Performs physical examinations and other appropriate diagnostic procedures; diagnoses medical or surgical conditions and presents treatment alternatives to the client. (B) Performs medical and surgical (if scheduled in Sx) procedures; provides emergency services in accordance with hospital policy. (C) Promptly and accurately updates client records including completing medical records, treatment plans and rounding before the start and before the end of each shift.
2. Human Resources: (A) Plays a leadership role with LVTs and Assistants; works with them to assess their current skill level then encourages and assists them with both professional and personal growth (proactive coaching). (B) Delivers in-house medical training to staff. (C) Is accessible by staff while maintaining doctor/staff professional relationship.
3. Business Management: (A) Works towards, and attains, hospital productivity standards. (B) Understands and functions in a way that builds the hospital's reputation within the referring veterinary community. (C) Is active in professional organizations.
4. Client Relations: (A) Takes time to communicate in a warm, clear, and concise manner with clients, presenting them with treatment alternatives while being sensitive to their emotional needs and financial status. (B) Sets an example for the staff in dealing with clients; promotes the concept of a client-centered environment. (C) Helps to develop new programs / procedures and works to leverage existing programs / procedures that are designed to meet client needs based on changing medical developments, client needs, etc.
5. Marketing: (A) Evaluates and suggests new, useful pet products or services. (B) Writes one blog per quarter and periodically reviews the hospital's website in order to keep information current and the community informed.
6. Practice Leadership: (A) Leads by example regarding a positive, fun work environment that strives to provide benchmark patient care. (B) Maintains a professional, positive attitude even under stress. (C) Communicates objectives, motivates staff, builds and maintains morale; maintains and role models core values. (D) Attends both DVM and ER Staff Meetings as an active participant encouraging staff member’s involvement and development. (E) Promotes cooperative working environment among staff members; understands the value of teamwork; shows enthusiasm and willingness to perform as necessary to help the hospital function as a cohesive, high performing team.
The Ann Arbor Animal Hospital is a locally owned, full service veterinary clinic in Ann Arbor, Michigan, serving Washtenaw County and the surrounding areas. We are AAHA-accredited and provide routine primary veterinary care by walk-in seven days a week, with limited appointments available Monday through Friday, and Emergency and Critical Care 24 hours a day, 365 days per year. See our website's "About Us" page to learn more.