Do you enjoy leading a team of highly skilled assistants and technicians? Do you enjoy managing diverse and complex cases from both incoming ER patients and hospitalized patients? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? If YES, then we’d love to meet you and introduce you to all that Sumner Veterinary Hospital has to offer.
Sumner Veterinary Hospital is an AAHA-accredited state-of-the-art Regional Medical Facility that supports the entire South Puget Sound Region. Our 24-Hour Emergency & Critical Care department is rapidly growing, and we are looking for talented veterinarians to join our team.
Our team consists of 16 doctors and over 100 support staff who are committed to providing the highest standard of care and service to our clients and patients. Our veterinary team experiences a diverse caseload and has great working relationships with local specialists in the Seattle-Tacoma area.
As a team, we are committed to creating a culture of continuing education and collaboration. Each of our veterinarians has varying interests and passions that help enhance the knowledge and collaboration during the day-to-day consulting of cases.
Due to our large doctor team and culture of collaboration, Sumner Veterinary Hospital can offer mentorship to newer doctors beginning their careers or wishing to elevate them. Our doctors enjoy flexible scheduling and ample time off to experience all the entertainment & recreational opportunities that Western Washington provides. Time off for travel or continuing education is readily available to further enhance a positive work-life balance.
• Entire facility is currently going through an expansion. We have doubled the size of our medical space. We have 13 exam rooms. Two dedicated treatment areas, one of General Practice & one for Emergency & Critical Care. There are feline-friendly areas throughout the entire hospital. • We are constantly updating and adding new equipment & diagnostic tools to provide the best care possible. You will have access to Ultrasound, Digital Radiology, Endoscopy, multiple oxygen cages, pumps, full in-house Idexx lab, and more. • Two surgery suites • Full ICU & Isolation areas for both canines & felines • In-house rehabilitation center, Alternative Medicine & General Practice Doctor for long-term care treatment plans
Compensation & Benefits:
• Competitive Pay with production
• Bonus potential and opportunities unique to your passion, interest, or performance
• Comprehensive Benefits Package including health care, dental coverage, 401k match & more
• Annual Continue Education Funds
• Paid Time Off
• Flexible Scheduling
Candidate must be a graduate from an AVMA accredited college or have successfully passed the ECFVG certification program or the PAVE certification program
NVA is a leading global veterinary community of more than 1,400 veterinary hospitals and pet resorts united in the love of animals and the people who love them. Our animal care ecosystem spans the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Singapore. Rooted in a culture of compassion, innovation and collaboration, NVA champions each hospital's unique culture and provides the support and opportunities veterinary teams need to deliver exceptional care to pets and their families.