Medical Director | AAHA Accredited |Clearwater, FL
Metzler Veterinary Hospital
Location: Clearwater, Florida
Type: Full Time
DVM or equivalent
Internal Number: 10807
We are seeking an Managing Veterinarian to join our team at Metzler Veterinary Hospital!
Metzler Veterinary Hospital located in sunny Clearwater, FL was established in 2003 with a focus to provide professional compassionate care paired with superior customer service. Our well-trained support staff enables our doctors to focus on providing the highest quality medical, dental, and surgical services to a loyal and growing clientele.
If you are a compassionate DVM with a desire for a supportive, friendly environment in which you can grow and expand your clinical skill set, then we want to hear from you!
• Self-care wellness benefits like free counseling services, and discounted fitness memberships
• Student Debt Refinancing
• Funds for maintaining DEA and Licensure
The Medical Director is responsible for providing medical leadership for the hospital, managing associate veterinarians, and assuring regulatory compliance. The Medical Director is also responsible for creating an environment of teamwork in which quality medicine is delivered.
In partnership with the Hospital Manager, the Medical Director is responsible for the financial performance of the hospital, preparing operating and capital budgets, and meeting budget expectations. In addition, the Hospital Manager and Medical Director are responsible for directing staff and the overall management of the practice, under the direction of NVA Divisional Leadership.
Our Ideal Candidate:
• At least 1 year of experience working as a veterinarian
• A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university.
• Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which the applicant is to be employed.
• The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members.
• A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding the veterinary code of ethics.
• Strong background in routine soft tissue surgery, ultrasound, or dentistry.
• Great bedside manner
• Outgoing and able to easily connect and communicate with patients and team members alike.
• Passionate about providing high levels of clinical care in the exam room as well as in the surgical suite.
Clearwater, Florida is a progressive city that is committed to enhancing residents' lives while preserving a heritage that is rich in culture and exquisite in the landscape. Here you'll find everything you could expect from a tropical paradise and much more. Clearwater, FL offers an abundance of fine dining and retail shopping. Clearwater is just a short drive to the beautiful gulf beaches, downtown Tampa, and St. Petersburg!
For more information about the opportunity, reach out to Ryley Chimenti at email@example.com
NVA is a leading global veterinary community of more than 1,400 veterinary hospitals and pet resorts united in the love of animals and the people who love them. Our animal care ecosystem spans the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Singapore. Rooted in a culture of compassion, innovation and collaboration, NVA champions each hospital's unique culture and provides the support and opportunities veterinary teams need to deliver exceptional care to pets and their families.