Part-Time or Full Time Veterinarian for Valley Oak SPCA No Kill Rescue and Veterinary Clinic
Valley Oak SPCA
Location: Visalia, California
Type: Full Time
Immediate Benefits upon hire:
· 100% Coverage of Professional Liability Insurance
· We pay 100% of Dental, Vision and Life insurance
· Medical Insurance 50/50 shared premiums but also negotiable
· 401k with a company match
· 3 Weeks of Paid Vacation
· Paid Sick Time
· Reimbursements for DVM, DEA and other professional renewal fees
· Reimbursements for CE and paid time off to attend CE events including travel and comfy lodging
· CVMA, AVMA and VIN Membership covered
· Joining our organization that is capable of handling some very challenging and critical medical cases in the central valley and seeing these abandoned animals thrive under our care and ultimately find their perfect home; the joy that this brings cannot be verbally explained, it’s an experience that you will undoubtedly feel by working with us.
DVM or equivalent
2 openings available.
Join the largest (over 23k followers on Facebook) non-profit no kill rescue and veterinary clinic in Tulare County. We are located in the central valley of California, where the cost of living is low and access to the mountains and beaches are just a short drive away.
Our team is friendly, positive, supportive and professional. We are proud to say that we love what we do each day and it shows in our work quality.
You will fit right in if:
· You want to provide compassionate and ethical care to client and patients
· You enjoy a positive environment – We support each other through everything
· You enjoy working as a team but can work independently too
Did you know? That working for a non-profit qualifies you for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness. Let our non-profit status help pay for those student loans.
· Full time position is 4-5 days a week. Approx. 35 hours per week.
· Part Time position is 2-3 days a week. Approx. 20-30 hours per week.
· We can customize our schedule to meet your needs and preference.
· We do not work federal holidays, but you still get paid
Family and Life work balance is very important for our team members!
The scope of the work required is:
· Spays and Neuters for the public and our adoption center animals.
· Overseeing our daily vaccination clinic
· Medical exams for the public and overseeing the health of the animals at our adoption center.
· Surgical procedures such as mass removals and other soft tissue surgeries per your ability and comfort level.
As a nonprofit since 1991, Valley Oak SPCA’s no-kill rescue mission is to provide shelter, adoption services, affordable veterinary care and community education to eliminate the suffering of companion animals.
Our clinic is small but mighty. We currently have an opening for a doctor and we have 7 Veterinary Assistants, 1 Registered Veterinary Technician and 3 Customer Representatives. We strive to always help each other out to succeed in this challenging yet rewarding career. We love what we do and it shows in the positive culture we've established. Our clinic has the ability to do ultrasounds, dental x-rays, we have an in-house IDEXX lab station, diagnostic tools, several monitoring equipment, 2 dental units and much more for you to use.
We provide a daily vaccine clinic (where all services have been confirmed before the appointment date) while surgeries are happening in the back. We also provide euthanasia services for the public. Our adoption center will provide us with animals that need to be checked by the veterinarian for medical treatment or rechecks before being cleared for adoption. We often have special grants that help us reach even more of our low income community to help them get their pets the care they deserve and need.
We also partner with the Visalia Feral Cat Coalition and perform many spays and neuters for feral cats. With the overpopulation of companion pets in our area, your job security is guaranteed. We currently have a grant from the Pet Lover's License plate program to preform spays and neuters on feral cats.
We have availability for part-time or full-time positions, weekdays or weekends. Compensation and benefits depend on availability. We do offer Medical, Vision, Dental, Life insurance as well as a 401k retirement plan with company match and PTO vacation and so much more.
We are growing rapidly. We just acquired 16.5 acres and are planning on constructing our new clinic and adoption center under one roof in the coming year in a 15,000sq ft building. We have big things planned as we continue our mission to help as many animals as possible!
Required Skill Set
· Possess a Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine degree
· Be licensed or able to be licensed in the state of California
· Concern, compassion, understanding and respect for animals
As a nonprofit since 1991, Valley Oak SPCA’s mission is to provide affordable veterinary care, shelter, adoption services, and community education to eliminate the suffering of companion animals.We are in the Central Valley of California. Conveniently located between the coastal beaches and the beautiful Sequoia National Park. VOSPCA Vet Clinic began with only low-cost vaccinations and spay/neuter services. Today, we have become an Affordable Veterinary Clinic with full services capabilities. We primarily see felines and canines but have seen rabbits also.Our clinic is in the process of moving to a bigger facility, where our brand new digital x-ray machine system will be fully operational. Currently, we have an Ultrasound Machine, Digital Dental X-Ray System, Proper Monitoring Equipment and a full IDEXX Lab station including Chem/CBC for in-house blood work needs.We are searching for a veterinarian that wants to join our team serving clients and their pets in the central valley. We have a great demand for medical exams for new and existing clients, dental procedures, surgeries including but not limited to spays and neuters, enucleations, amputations, mass removals and our very popu...lar drive-thru vaccination clinic. Valley Oak SPCA has been a No-Kill Rescue since 2016 and we regularly pull animals from local animal control facilities with high euthanasia rates. These municipal shelters look to us for help with their major medical cases. We also take owner-surrendered animals and strays. We proudly adopt out over 2000 animals per year. Many cats and dogs are waiting for their forever homes but must be spayed/neutered before they can go to their new home. We also partner with the Visalia Feral Cat Coalition and perform many spays and neuters for feral cats. With the overpopulation of companion pets in our area, your job security is surely guaranteed. We have availability for part-time or full-time positions, weekdays or weekends. Compensation and benefits depends on availability. We do offer Medical, Vision, Dental, Life insurance as well as a 401k retirement plan with company match and PTO vacation and so much more. Please view our job positing for specifics