Pro-sal model, base salary negotiable based on experience.
DVM or equivalent
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Why Haw Creek Animal Hospital in Asheville, NC?
Haw Creek Animal Hospital provides our local community with a full-service facility that has a reputation for affordable and compassionate animal care. We work with dogs, cats, birds, ferrets, rabbits, pocket pets and other small mammals, and other exotics. During our regular business hours, we see everything from wellness visits, and "routine" medicine and dentistry, to urgent care and emergencies. This diverse caseload leads to us managing a wide variety of treatments that will have you constantly learning and growing as a professional. Besides our standard care we are experienced with acupuncture, homeopathy, traditional Chinese herbal medicine, and other "alternative" modalities.
Many surgical cases are treated on an outpatient basis. As an urgent care facility, we are equipped to handle a high volume of outpatient surgical cases, but we also have the capacity to hospitalize sick or injured animals. The hospital has a welcoming and comfortable reception area and waiting room, 4 exam rooms, and a well-equipped surgical suite. Diagnostics include direct digital radiography, digital dental radiography, and in-house Idexx analyzers that include UA, Sedivue, Catalyst DX, and Procyte machines.
Haw Creek Animal Hospital provides a competitive salary, and benefits that include medical, retirement, and paid time off. We also offer additional growth opportunities for an associate veterinarian through our partnership with Veterinary Practice Partners (VPP). VPP has over 100 veterinarian owners that co-own their individual practices across 132 locations. More than 50 of these partner doctors had never owned part of a veterinary hospital prior to partnering with VPP. VPP is dedicated to helping partner veterinarians achieve their goals for their practice and their goals for their careers.
We are dedicated to establishing a culture that celebrates all forms of diversity and allows us to be an inclusive service provider in this community. We are proponents of spay-neuter programs and supporters of several local rescue organizations.
Haw Creek Animal Hospital will generally try to accommodate urgent and emergency cases in parallel with regularly scheduled appointments. Our ideal candidate:
· Enjoys surgery, wellness visits, and medicine
· Maintains a positive attitude in the face of challenging cases
· Communicates effectively and listens well
· Multi-tasks efficiently in a fast-paced environment
· Works in harmony with a team as well as independently
· Possesses a well-rounded clinical skill-set
· Is passionate about delivering exceptional care to patients and service to clients
· Performing wellness visits, medicine consults, and urgent exams
· Assessing pets to determine the nature of their disease or injury to create a treatment plan
· Managing emergency situations by stabilizing a pet’s condition and determining the course of treatment
· Performing standard surgical procedures (spays, neuters, mass removals, laceration repairs, cystotomies, etc.)
· Implementing treatment plans for pets and providing detailed explanations to their owners
· Providing estimates for all procedures to clients
· Prescribing medication as needed for treatment of pets
· Advising clients on appropriate vaccinations and preventatives
Compensation and Benefits:
We are dedicated to your well-being and we offer a comprehensive compensation package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life. These include:
· Competitive salary based on experience
· Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
· Paid time off
· 401(k) plan with employer match
· Continuing education allowance
· PLIT insurance, NC and DEA license fees, and medical association dues
· Signing bonus and relocation expenses
· Guardian voluntary benefits
If you are looking to be part of a compassionate team that is focused on providing the best service and care for our clients and patients, please send us your information!
Requirements and Skills:
· Doctor of Veterinary Medicine or Equivalent Degree
· Current North Carolina Veterinary License
· Three or more years of experience as a veterinarian
Veterinary Practice Partners (VPP) is a trusted business partner to veterinarians. We co-own practices in partnership with veterinarians, and work relentlessly to grow and manage each practice, while retaining its unique identity and culture. VPP’s family of practices has enjoyed industry-leading growth and profitability improvements. Our team has deep experience in driving sustained, above-average revenue growth, cultivating exceptional practice staff, and overseeing back-office operations, including marketing, finance, accounting and human resources. Veterinarians partner with us because we enable them to focus on delivering high-quality patient care and foster lasting relationships with pet owners, while remaining owners in the practices they have committed a lifetime to building.