Fall Creek Veterinary Medical Center seeks to add a full- or part-time associate veterinarian to our four-doctor team at a fast-growing, full-service, small animal practice in the northeastern suburbs of Indianapolis near the Geist Reservoir. Since moving into our beautiful, brand-new, 8,000-plus square foot freestanding building in 2016, the practice has substantially increased its medical and surgical caseload. We are an AAHA-accredited hospital member.
- We are in Hamilton County, consistently ranked one of the best places in America to live, and our well-educated clientele is generally very receptive to quality, progressive medicine. It is also increasingly diverse, and allows an enjoyable variety of clients and patients.
- The practice is privately-owned, offering the flexibility to develop our own culture of warm professionalism and a tight bond with our clients, but also offers the benefits of a small multi-doctor practice that nurtures a collegiality in case consultations and strategic decision-making. Increasingly surrounded by corporate-owned and muti-location practices, we can stand apart.
- The staff of Registered Veterinary Technicians, other Nursing Care Team members, and Client Service Representatives is well-trained, deeply invested in the practice, its patients and clients, and respectful to and supportive of the doctors. Letting doctors be doctors means we will have a full nursing staff able to assist at all times.
- The hospital is equipped with digital radiography, including dental radiography, ultrasound, high-speed dental equipment, therapeutic laser, full in-house laboratory, and a cloud-based practice software. We have a growing presence in virtual medicine, which has been well-received by clients and appreciated by our doctors as a time-saving, practical tool.
- After-hours emergencies are referred to local 24-hour emergency hospitals. Excellent specialty services are located ten minutes from us.
- We are committed to consistently modify our approaches to medicine as new information in veterinary medicine becomes available.
- The hospital is open daily Monday through Thursday until 6:00 PM and Friday until 5:00 PM, and offers Saturday outpatient appointments from 8 AM to noon. Saturday office hours are rotated among the doctors, generally two a month. Work-life balance is important, with flexible scheduling available, to help with the various challenges of life and family, and encouragement of "non-veterinary" involvement and personal growth. Our doctors generally have a full weekday off regardless of any Saturday hours worked.
The Indianapolis area offers an affordable cost-of-living and abundant housing, and the hospital is located within the city of Fishers, in the most rapid-growing area of the state, with excellent schools and many recreational opportunities. The vibrant Indianapolis downtown, Broad Ripple, Fountain Square and Massachusetts Avenue are within a half-hour, with professional sports, cultural and dining opportunities. Similarly, rural countryside and picturesque small towns are also quite close.
Our Purpose Statement is admittedly a bit long, but genuinely reflects the vision for Fall Creek Veterinary Medical Center:
Fall Creek Veterinary Medical Center exists:
- To provide outstanding medical and surgical care to our patients using advanced, thorough diagnostics and therapy to effectively prevent and treat disease.
- To look after the complete needs of our animal patients, focusing on gentle, compassionate care, and the promotion of the patient’s best interest for health, comfort, and quality of life.
- To provide for the needs of our clients, with honesty, respect, and compassion, recognizing our role in assisting them in the lifelong care of their pets.
- To dedicate ourselves to accessibility and generosity with our time and medical knowledge, to be a resource for the complete range of concerns of pets’ families.
- To fully recognize the privilege of caring for our animal patients and to offer a ministry of service to their human companions.
The ideal associate veterinarian will have the desire to further develop proficiency in veterinary skills, and is dedicated to deepening knowledge and professional growth. Furthermore, the candidate should be ethical, compassionate, and possess excellent communication skills. We seek someone interested in a long-term association with the practice, its clients and patients, and the community. In return, the practice will provide mentorship with experienced practitioners in a team-centered environment, and an excellent salary and benefits. These can include group health, dental, vision and life insurance, disability insurance, paid maternity/ paternity leave, 401k, paid time off/ vacation, dues to local and national associations, including AAHA membership, license fees, including state and national DEA licensure, and a commitment to continuing education, with a generous allowance and paid time off to attend local, regional or national meetings, as well as membership in online CE groups. A signing bonus will be provided.
A development of special interests is encouraged, and, as an independent, private practice, we seek veterinarians who wish to build long-term relationships with clients, patients and the community, not just meeting financial benchmarks. Good medicine and excellent patient care, along with outstanding people skills, will let those things take care of themselves, and it is the goal of the practice to let individuals with these skills flourish.
Please visit our website at www.fallcreekvet.com for more information on the practice.
If interested, please contact Dr. Jerry Risser at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 317.336.8900.
Required: DVM or VMD and Licensure in Indiana. New, recently-graduated or experienced veterinarians considered.