Elk Grove Veterinary Specialty & Emergency is a beautiful hospital in Elk Grove Village, Illinois, located less than thirty miles Northwest of the city of Chicago.
- That's right, enjoy the advantage of city living without the headaches! We provide twenty-four-hour emergency services seven days a week, as well as, full time internal medicine and part-time medical oncology services.
- Doctors are supported by an amazing group of dedicated technicians and client service representatives. The onsite management team emphasizes supporting YOUR quality of life while driving exceptional client service and the practice of phenomenal medicine.
Our hospital is a recently remodeled 8,000 square foot facility, and is equipped with:
- On-site in-house laboratories, allowing for immediate blood gas analysis (Abaxis i-STAT), CBC, biochemical, and coagulation analyses to be performed.
- Ancillary laboratory diagnostics also include in house cortisol, bile acids, and thyroid function evaluation.
- Digital radiography, a brand-newHS 60 Samsung ultrasound unit, and a 16 slice Toshiba CT scan are located onsite and facilitate a complete patient evaluation.
- A Snyder oxygen cage, doppler blood pressure monitoring, and ECG monitoring are also available to facilitate patient care.
- Our specialty equipment includes a brand-newStorz tower for both flexible and rigid endoscopy, allowing for the following to be performed: Esophagoscopy, Gastroscopy, Esophagogastroduodenoscopy, Colonoscopy, Tracheoscopy, Bronchoscopy, Laparoscopy, Rhinoscopy, and Cystoscopy.
Our hospital's potential is unmatched, and the expected growth and expansion anticipated to occur in the next two years is unparalleled. The right candidate will take advantage of this amazing opportunity!
Elk Grove Veterinary Specialty & Emergency has joined forces with Thrive Pet Healthcare to support our clinicians, while allowing our hospital to maintain our own individual culture. Together as a team, our doctors decide how we practice and are welcome to develop and/or update medical protocols for our hospital.
Thrive Pet Healthcare continues to experience tremendous growth, and further professional development and career advancement are possibilities as well! As a member of the Thrive team, you will also have the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues throughout the country!
Medical Director Duties:
- Assist Practice Manager with recruiting, interviewing, and hiring veterinarians.
- Involvement in budgetary decisions regarding inventory, products, and staff labor.
- Comfort with coaching, issuing performance improvement plans, and disciplinary action.
- Partner with the Regional Operations team and support initiatives and policies.
- Collaborate with the practice manager to maintain schedules for the doctor team and assist leads with their team schedules
- Organize and lead regular meetings for the doctor team.
- Attend and take part in all operational meetings and workshops.
- Adhere to core values and coach other team members to do so.
- Perform and deliver regular performance evaluations for doctors and the leadership team.
Our goal is to hire the best fit for our practice, our clients, and our patients. We value a collaborative, cohesive, and agile team that tackles challenges together with the needs of our patients as the top priority. Our veterinarians apply their education, skills, and passion daily to enhance the lives of our patients and clients, as well as their co-workers and the community at large.
We offer a competitive salary, plus production, and a medical director stipend.
Our benefits package includes:
- Sign on bonus
- increased discretionary funds
- 401(k) with company match
- life insurance and disability insurance
- generous paid time off with additional CE PTO
- industry-leading paid parental leave
- generous veterinary service discount for your pets and MORE!
For more information about this opportunity contact email@example.com or send me your resume!! Apply Here